Friday 24 January 2014

Laura Mercier Colour-To-Go Portable Palette in Smoky Violet for Eyes, Cheeks & Lips


I don't know about you, but anytime I hear the Laura Mercier name mentioned, my ears prick up and my heart starts to race. There is just something about this brand that makes me loiter around the Laura Mercier counter and demand to try out pretty much every product. It has become my new make up addiction (in case you hadn't realised!)

I had my eye on this for a while, so when it came to people asking me what I wanted for Christmas, this was one of the items at the top of my list. It's not too expensive either for a LM product, I believe it's about £31.00 but difficult to get your hands on at the moment! This is so useful, as I can take this out with me on a night out, I can use it in the day, throw it in my handbag so I can attempt to look glamorous whilst at work or on the go. This palette really has a lot going for it.




There are two levels to the palette; The top layer is pretty much all about the eyes (minus the lip gloss - obviously!) You have a trio of eye shadows, which include a highlighter, midtone and definer shades in Plum Smoke (Matte), Violet Steel (Luster) and finally a Tightline Cake Eye Liner (Violet Asphalt). The pigments of the 3 shadows are fantastic - a little goes a long way! The colours really blend well together and you don't just have to use this for a smoky eye. I didn't the first time I used it and got no end of compliments, as it also provides you with a natural look too, so long as you don't go too heavy with the violets.  Just a little tip would be to wet your brush (I use the mac 266 small angle brush) to bring out the pigment on the liner a bit or alternatively a new blogger friend recommended the Illamasqua Sealing Gel which, I'm assured will bring out the pigment even more. 



The bottom layer of this palette is all about the cheeks and lips.You have a bronzing powder in Golden Bronze which does have a shimmer to it (sorry matte lovers!) and a rose gold coloured blush in Barely Pink. This is also where the lip gloss is tucked away; it's a mini version of the LM Lip Glace in the colour After Hours. Its a peachy nude lipgloss with a slight shimmer to it, LM glosses always smell delicious, this particular one smells of vanilla. It provides enough coverage on the lips as is or over a matte lipstick. If you're after a lip gloss that you can wear anytime of day, this is it.


The palette is small in size, no bigger than 10cm in length and has a full sized mirror built into the top lid. So as far as i'm concerned this product does no wrong. The only thing I would say, is that it's missing a section for it's Secret Concealer which seriously is amazing guys...I'll be doing another blog post on that in the near future. 

Anyway, for now I hope I've given you some insight into one of the wonders of my make-up bag. It was a pleasure, as always. 

Char xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved