Friday 8 August 2014

What I Got For My Birthday!

So on the 1st August I turned the grand old age of 25! I can't believe I'm 25..it seems very surreal. So much so I actually realised half way through the year that I was telling everyone I was 23...when actually I was 24. I mean really?! Memory loss is slowly working it's way to me.

What I Got For My Birthday Main Image


Anyway!! Onto the really exciting stuff - what I actually got! I'd just like to state I'm not showing off in the slightest- I just love to read what about what other people get for their Birthdays and Christmas' etc... so I thought I'd write about what I got.

So first of all, from my Mum and Dad I actually got a veneer...which seems like a rubbish present but I really want one on my front teeth as I had a root canal done there a while ago and it starting to discolour...also they cost an absolute bomb therefore my Mum offered to pay for that for my birthday. Nice one.


Liz Earle Limited Edition Hot Cloth Cleanser - John Lewis


Next was a total surprise as my brother is currently hosteling around Europe for 6 weeks so I did not expect anything. However about 1 week before my birthday I received a cylindrical tube in the post from John Lewis and in the address part is said Charlotte Thompson **DO NOT OPEN UNTIL 1st AUGUST** so automatically I knew it was a present but didn't know who from. It was only when I opened it on my Birthday that I realised it was from Guy (my brother) with a lovely note saying 'I bet you though't I'd forgotten about your Birthday - well I did up until Mum reminded me haha! I'm sorry I can't be there celebrating with you, however I shall certainly be consuming a few beverages in your honour tonight! Love you sis x' Needless to say I was a blubbering wreck after reading this. When I actually opened the tube, he had bought me a Liz Earle Limited Edition Hot Cloth Cleanser. I was impressed and emotional, what a great mix. 


Bourjois Erasable Liner & Colour Boost Crayon

Aussie Beach Mate Shampoo & 3 Minute Miracle



I then went round to one of my best friends house for a Birthday Breakfast, where we had croissants, hot chocolate, then a full fry up! She gave me such fantastic presents, I was overwhelmed really. She knows I blog about make up and beauty products so she went on the prowl and bought me lots of little bits that she thought I could write about! So first of all in the bag of goodies was an Aussie Beach Mate Shampoo and the Aussie Beach Mate 3 Minute Miracle which smell incredible! OMG they smell like bubblegum. I then came across 3 BarryM nail polishes in Gelly Papaya, standard polish in Nude and Confetti Nail Paint in Dolly Mixture. I am really excited to try the confetti polish as it looks like a lot of fun. Also staying on the nail theme there was a pack of Turquoise stick on nails which I am excited to try next time I'm out. Delving in a bit more I found a beautiful little heart necklace which I love. Then finally there were two Bourjois products one was a Colour Boost Lip Crayon and the other was their new Bourjois Erasable Liner which I am super excited to try out.
After about an hour or so at my friends house another one of my friends came over and she had bought me a really cute Thomas Sabo bracelet which had a beautiful pearly white effect to it.

Nars, ByTerry Misty Rock. Aussie Beach Mate. Liz Earle, BarryM Nail Polish, Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler, MAC Prep + Prime Highlighters



NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Deauville and Vallauris

ByTerry Ombre Blackstar Misty Rock
Caudalie Beauty Elixir
Nars, ByTerry Misty Rock. Aussie Beach Mate. Liz Earle, BarryM Nail Polish, Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler, MAC Prep + Prime Highlighters



My boyfriend (Luke) decided he was going to take a half day from work so in the afternoon he took me to Nottingham and we headed to Space.N.K where he let me roam around for about 2 hours (no lie!) and buy pretty much whatever I wanted. It's funny because whenever someone says you can have whatever you want your mind goes into overdrive and in the end I was so conscious about what I was buying that I didn't even touch my 'budget' so I won't be forgetting that Luke (if you're reading!). So I ended up buying 2 NARS Sheer Glow Foundations in Deauville and Vallauris; one for my natural skintone and the other is for when I apply tan. I then bought Caudalie's Beauty Elixir, I also went for a Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler as it caters for a wide eye, so I can fit all of my lashes in. I also opted for another ByTerry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock as that seems to be the one everyone goes on about. I also eyed up Paradise Island at the same time and regret not purchasing it there and then. So after dragging Luke around Space N.K asking his opinion on things..(which he pointed out several times that he didn't care or had no idea what I was on about) I decided to take him into MAC.

Nars, ByTerry Misty Rock. Aussie Beach Mate. Liz Earle, BarryM Nail Polish, Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler, MAC Prep + Prime Highlighters


We ventured into MAC where his Mum had given me some vouchers to spend in there. I bought two of the MAC prep and prime highlighters which I have to say I'm in love with them. I also bought the much sought after All That Glitters to add to my pallet and then finally a lipstick I've been craving for ages Costa Chic.

So all in all I was very spoilt on my birthday and loved every second of spending time with the people I love most in my life. In the evening myself and about 14 of my friends went out into Leicester for a meal and cocktails. It was such a fabulous Birthday.

See below my daytime and evening birthday makeup looks. What do you think?

Birthday Makeup Look - Subtle Contouring


I hope you enjoyed this post? I certainly enjoyed writing it! Let me know down in the comments what your favourite item is from the hugeeee list above! I wonder if your's would be the same as mine?

Remember to follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter and Instagram!

It's been a pleasure.

Char

xXx

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you were well and truly spoiled! How nice of your brother to send a present from afar (and very, very honest of him to admit he'd forgotten up until he was reminded). I've tried Limited Edition hot cloth cleansers in the past and they're usually absolutely lovely.

    S xo.

    blinkeredbarbielife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice surprise from your brother! I love the tube the C&P comes in -little things excite me!

    You got some lovely presents, I hope you had a great day!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many gorgeous gifts! The Liz Earle packaging looks so pretty! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved